Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost

While my car is in at RCM this week, I've hired a car for a couple of days. I'd gone for a 1.2 litre group B car (Corsa, Clio, some other shopping trolley ) but got a free upgrade to a Focus.......

.........a BROWN Focus (they can call it "Burnished Glow" all they want, but it's essentially as brown as a brown thing!!)..........

...........with a 1.0 litre engine..........

Thankfully, it's their new three pot, turbocharged "Ecoboost" engine, with 123bhp. What an amazing engine!! First time I gave it some welly, it shot off a lot quicker than I'd expected, with a nice little growl too, and I thought - well, that's surprising!! I assumed it was a strong 1.6, a 1.8, or possibly even a 2.0 litre engine, it performed that well. I was astonished then to look at the tag on the keys and see "1.0 litre petrol" on it!! It goes well enough, sounds good, and does an alleged 50+ MPG. They fit the same engine to a slightly hot version of the Fiesta, and I think that would make a great junior hot hatch

Just a shame it's still a BROWN car it's fitted to!
    Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Wot on earth are you having done ?, surely you must be out of thing's to do to the scooby by now lol.
    1996 ver 2sti 368bhp, 6 speed box, 2.1 stroker engine, pace fmic and rad, tein super street coilovers, 8 pot k-sport fronts 6 pot rears, 18" 8j et11 team dynamic wheels, side exit exhaust, full whiteline kit including strut braces and h-brace and anti-roll bars, full custom roll cage, bonnet lifters, ABW diffuser, arches, reverse scoop, and coming soon side skirts.

Comment

Working...
    X