Top Gear back this sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear back this sunday

Hopefully it'll be good, but i fear they're going to repeat some of the mistakes from the bad old days of TG.

Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Just caught this on iPlayer. Unsure on my opinion to be honest. But chain car racing is epic lol.

Really wish they’d loose that stupid celeb lap thing though.
    2001 Accord Type R

555 Import Classic - #155/555 : but she needs a name.

Comment

I thought pretty good to be honest i live in hope fm
      Men never grow up, the toys just get more expensive.
      309.1 bhp 290.6ibf.ft wheels 261.1@6186 rpm average on 3 runs 306.1

Comment

It was okay, watchable and entertaining enough. The "banter" in the studio still seemed a bit forced to me.

Comment

Agreed with the others ^^

It was still far better than the last episode of The Grand Tour season 2 - after some brilliant episodes, it was a major let-down

Rob

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

Mr Harris is going to be tommy tanking like hell next week. There in 🇯🇵 lol. Good show tonight.

Comment

Never heard of the country...is it somewhere near crete, somewhere all you do is post pictures of every single meal you eat?

Rob

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. That 570 is epic. Still love the P1 though 😍

i even enjoyed the looking for Bigfoot part. Those electric dirt bikes were amazing.
                  2001 Accord Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Luvmyaccord View Post
                    Really enjoyed this weeks episode. That 570 is epic. Still love the P1 though 😍

i even enjoyed the looking for Bigfoot part. Those electric dirt bikes were amazing.
                    well, it was a bit more childish this week, so you would have

I'm not a fan of the new McLarens - seems to me that they're just using a slightly different power output of the same engine, and a variation of the same bodystyle, and calling it a whole new model. I know it's more complex than that, but a bit more variety would be nice!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      I'm not a fan of the new McLarens - seems to me that they're just using a slightly different power output of the same engine, and a variation of the same bodystyle, and calling it a whole new model. I know it's more complex than that, but a bit more variety would be nice!
                      Forgive my ignorance here, but surely the same could be said of other manufacturers, i.e. Porsche with the 911?

Comment

to a certain extent, but with Porsche, they do call them 911 Carrera, or 911 GT3, or 911 Turbo - the base name is consistant, it's clearly just a specification variant, like 1.3L, 1.6GL, 1.6i Ghia versions of the Ford Orion (showing my age there )

McLaren seem, to my eyes, to use the same chassis and a different power output version of the same 3.8 litre V8, slightly change the bodywork, and then refer to it as a whole new model.

12C

540C

It's just lazy designing If they had a bit more variety in bodystyles and engines - a V10 or V12 perhaps, not just the same V8 twin turbo, or a front-engined GT rather than mid-engined coupe? Good cars undoubtedly, but just variations on a theme and they leave me a bit cold.

But then, I've never been a fan of McLaren, either as a race team or manufacturer, so I'm probably prejudiced Oh, and Aston were slightly guilty of it too with the DB9, Virage, DBS and Vanquish - mildly different versions of essentially the same car to create a "range" of models. Ferrari too with their V8 coupe and V12 front-engined GT's, but at least there each new model replaces the one before, rather than being sold at the same time.
                        Last edited by Rob; 09-03-18, 10:03 AM.

Rob

Comment

The problem is that all manufacturers are doing the same with lots of their cars. Lamborghini, Ferrari and especially Porsche. Their 911 range is all the same but with different engine outputs and with or without a rear seat. There was a feature in last months Top Gear mag about the Porsche range lol.
                          2001 Accord Type R

Comment

true, but at least the 911 range doesn't try to hide the fact it's all variations of the same basic model. McLaren just seem to trot out a different version, and the marketing department then get involved to say "hey everyone, look how wide and expansive our range of cars is, we've got a brand new model out now!", whilst they use the same Monocell chassis, 3.8 litre V8 and cookie-cutter bodywork

Rob

Comment

Best. Top gear. Ever 😎 no surprise they started off at the Shibuya crossing 😉

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X