Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Subaru Impreza - My Opinion

Hey guys,

As some of you know I work at Constitution Motors Ltd. We are a Mitsubishi and Subaru dealer in Norwich.

I am not trying to sell you guys anything and not trying to promote anything... I just wanted to give you guys a little bit of insight into the new Subaru Impreza and what it is actually like to drive!

I recently took our Subaru Impreza 1.6 petrol on a road trip to Cardiff... I must say that at first I thought it was gonna be a pretty boring drive being the new 1.6 non turbo petrol along with the CVT automatic gearbox. Its certainly not the Impreza as we are all used to it!

https://www.subaru.co.uk/impreza

I was surprisingly impressed!!!

The 1.6 did feel a little underpowered getting away from junctions and roundabouts but we did have 4 of is in the car along with a boot full of luggage (well, that's the excuse I used to justify it to myself)
    But the engine itself was very quiet, ran very smooth and was actually returning me a half decent MPG.
    The fact it is fitted with Subaru's Eyesight technology really helped too. Man does that system work!!!! I can actually count on one hand the amount of time I touched the brakes between Cardiff and Norwich.

It was pretty damn comfortable too... and Apple play/Android auto made sure we got where we wanted to go with minimal fuss.

All in all... it was a great little car!

Would I buy one myself... yeah for sure, but I would probably go for the 2.0 option for that extra little bit of power. I think it looks good and its certainly something different instead of the usual Focus, Astra type hatchback.

Its not the fuel drinking, ass kicking Impreza we all know and love but its still got the Subaru DNA in there somewhere.
    2002 BMW 330ci M-sport convertible..... why not!!!!!

Interesting, thanks for the review sir.

Comment

I've just fitted the switchback light's on my 09 hatch of this model.
      1996 ver 2sti 368bhp, 6 speed box, 2.1 stroker engine, pace fmic and rad, tein super street coilovers, 8 pot k-sport fronts 6 pot rears, 18" 8j et11 team dynamic wheels, side exit exhaust, full whiteline kit including strut braces and h-brace and anti-roll bars, full custom roll cage, bonnet lifters, ABW diffuser, arches, reverse scoop, and coming soon side skirts.

Comment

Good speech Andy ty fm
        Men never grow up, the toys just get more expensive.
        309.1 bhp 290.6ibf.ft wheels 261.1@6186 rpm average on 3 runs 306.1

Comment

Originally posted by howesy View Post
          I've just fitted the switchback light's on my 09 hatch of this model.
          were they a straight forward fit? be interested to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmansilver View Post
            Good speech Andy ty fm
            Cheers FM. Just trying to give you a bit of insight into what the brand has to offer nowadays... and also to contribute a little bit to getting some threads going.

Comment

Originally posted by andyroo View Post
              I am not trying to sell you guys anything and not trying to promote anything.
              Said no salesman. Ever.

Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

Said no salesman. Ever.

actually not trying to sell it to you guys... just trying to share some knowledge and keep the forum alive

Comment

and i applaud you for that.

just winding you up by pointing out that a good salesman is never "off duty"

Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    and i applaud you for that.

just winding you up by pointing out that a good salesman is never "off duty"
                    I am terrible for it usually mate. Missus told me off the other week for chatting to another guy about the L200 pick ups while we were waiting in the vets

Comment

Working...
                    X