Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say you can't polish a turd...

I disagree, and have the proof.

Here's pictures of what the vag looks like after Si spending the day working on it. Pictures truly don't do it justice, the dulled paintwork has been reinvigorated, scratches and bird-poo burns removed, and the shine on it is unreal. For the first time in years you get a clear reflection in the bodywork, not just a dull blur. Cleanest it's been for a long time. Hell, probably the cleanest it's EVER been. Consider me a very happy bunny and very satisfied customer.

Oh, and Si, remember..... RAMMING SPEED!! lol

looks great pete but sadly still just a clean skoda fm
    Men never grow up, the toys just get more expensive.
    309.1 bhp 290.6ibf.ft wheels 261.1@6186 rpm average on 3 runs 306.1

Comment

Does look good Pete 😃
      Brian

2005 WRX 300, PPP, Six speed gearbox conversion, Prodrive Sports cat, STI Up pipe, VF35, FMIC, Zunsport front grill, STI bonnet scoop, STI 550 Pinks, Grimspeed 3 port valve, HRC 255 fuel pump, K&N 57i induction kit, Graham Goode racing dump valve, original ex-Robstopper PFF7's, KSports front brakes, Brembo rear brakes, BC BR coilovers, racedynamix re-map, 350 HP & 350 Ft Lb Torque

Comment

Originally posted by fatmansilver View Post
        looks great pete but sadly still just a clean skoda fm
        So you're saying you prefer a dirty vag then, John? Fair enough mate, whatever takes your fancy

Comment

Hopefully si had a disguise on . Poor fella lol

Comment

oi, that was my line from yesterday gitbag!!

You see Pete, THIS is what you get when you actually CLEAN a car - your challenge now is to KEEP it like this!

(I give it about 10 days )
            Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              oi, that was my line from yesterday gitbag!!
              Yep!

You see Pete, THIS is what you get when you actually CLEAN a car - your challenge now is to KEEP it like this!

(I give it about 10 days )
              Me, wash a car? Don't be silly boy, that's physical effort, I'm way too lazy for that these days. I'll just take it back to Si for a service wash every few months.

Comment

Originally posted by derby john View Post
                Hopefully si had a disguise on . Poor fella lol
                Alas no (and I have the photographic evidence to prove it), but he's always telling me he loves to get his hands on some vag and make it all wet and soapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                  Yep!

Me, wash a car? Don't be silly boy, that's physical effort, I'm way too lazy for that these days. I'll just take it back to Si for a service wash every few months.
                  don't let his hard work go to waste.....you know what the "Detailing Nazi" is like, he won't let you hear the last of it!!!
                  Rob

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                    Yep!

I'm way too lazy for that these days
                    hang on a sec......"these" days???? When have you EVER had more get-up-and-go than a retarded sloth hopped up on xanax?

Rob

Comment

When have you EVER had more get-up-and-go than a retarded sloth hopped up on xanax?
                      Fair point.

Comment

She looks fantastic from the pictures.
                        I'll inspect on Friday if she looks like a new car
                        Tagalong

"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free" Bill Hicks

Comment

Was a pleasure to work on your honourary Subaru.

The paint was exceptionally dull with literally zero reflection and a few minor scratches that just came out.

The whole car was only treated to a single stage polish all around with 2 passes completed on each panel. Then obviously dressed then sealed. But was prepped with a snow foam, wash, claybar then rewash.

Now there is actually a reflection from the paint work and I think Pete was happy with the results.
                          2001 Accord Type R

555 Import Classic - #155/555 : but she needs a name.

Comment

Hi Si
                            Mores the point I was very impressed with her
                            Remember I'm the one that has to be driven in her.
                            I love being driven in the Vag, but it felt even more special with that wonderful shine .

Tagalong

"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free" Bill Hicks

Comment

Working...
                            X