No announcement yet.

Project "Robstopper"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I dropped the old girl off at Ipswich Accident Repair Centre this morning, for surgery to deal with these issues.

Shonky front bumper, full of stone chips and stress cracks in the paint where it's been flexing due to having been cut out for the FMIC I don't have

Carbon splitter needing relacquering

Rusty front wings on the front corner of the wheel arches. Wheels are being redone too

Stress cracks in the rear bumper where it's probably taken a mild hit at some stage (no Charlie, this wasn't you! )

pre-emptive work on the rust patches on the leading edge of the rear wheel arch

Make good to the bonnet - stone chips, rust spots etc, new front grille too

Shiny new parts!! New front and side indicators, replacement graphics, wheel nuts, and centre caps

two new front wings, front bumper and grille

She's keeping Clive's car for company for the next couple of weeks.

Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

• Always nice to see a classic getting some tlc 😎

Rick said they'd made a start on mine , glad to hear she's got some fellow subaru company too 😊

Comment

• Rick showed me the work being done on yours quickly this morning, they were working on the cills, getting them back in to shape, rear door was on, they were then cleaning up the front. Our cars will be exchanging war stories and comparing "wounds" over night I reckon, like it's "Night at the Museum"

Rob

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

• Keeping the old girl going 😍😍

Comment

• Absolutely 😎

Rob

Comment

• IARC found some rot in the cills when they took the covers off, so I've got them to sort out some new sections whilst it's in with them, should keep it fresh for a few years. Luckily I'm off next week so I don't have to drive the poxy Pug 107 too much!!
              ​​​

Rob

Comment

• Glad to hear they'regetting stuck in on the robstopper , now bud 😎
                If your having trouble locating new sills drop ray a message @ automotive repair panels on f.b .

he's a helpful chap and he does inner ,outer sills and rear 1/4 repair panels for gc's 😉

Comment

• Rick sourced a pair of pattern cills on ebay for 90, cheers tho mate

Rob

Comment

• hallelujah, their welder has been in since Thursday, so the welding will be finished today. The guy who has been doing the bodywork will be back from illness tomorrow too, so fingers crossed, I should get her back this week!!

Rob

Comment

• Happy days!

Comment

• Welding is all done - got quite complicated, as there were three layers of steel in some places, and it had been patched up previously for the MOT. All done, waxoiled and stonechipped, so should last for a while now. Bumper is being painted today, once we'd sorted out what bits to be white, and which to be black, then it should be final assembly, restickering etc.

Fingers crossed, not much longer now.

Rob

Comment

• Nice one.

Comment

• Can't wait now.....

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Can't wait now.....

I bet

Comment

• She's back 😎

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X