No announcement yet.

Project "Robstopper"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other option, and possibly a better fit, is the Time Attack style one from ABW. looks quite similar to the one Gobstopper 1 ran with.

https://www.abwmotorsport.co.uk/prod...tter-late-type

Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

• The late type looks lovely dude on the car. Would make yours look even more mega I used that splitter on mine (hacked it of course) but it looked so cool on the stock bumper.... Would be a great addition in my veiw....

Comment

• that's good to hear, cheers mate. Did you paint it, or is the black gel coat a good enough finish to just be bonded straight on?

There's a possibility that IARC might be able to repair the Seibon one - OK, the weave won't line up, and you'll see the join, but it might not be too noticeable. That way, I can keep the carbon fibre one fitted, and we all know there's just something cool about carbon

Rob

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

• The gel coat was very good on the one I got. I just gave it a quick scotch and a few layers of satin black but it didn't really need it.... then I cut it up anyway....

you're right though carbon is king

Comment

• great, thanks for the info James. will possibly save the effort of painting it then, if that's the route I go down.

Just had a quote on a replacement Seibon one. They've gone up a LOT in five years - had been about 400+VAT, a new one now, delivered, would be just over 800!!

Rob

Comment

• Decision made - just placed an order for the ABW Time Attack style one. There was a possibility of getting the carbon one repaired with fibreglass, painted black, and then hydro dipped. But, I wasn't sure what the repair would look like, and the local hydro dippers haven't got a tank big enough to fit it in.

A whole brand new splitter seemed the best solution. Shame to lose the carbon fibre, but it's too costly, and too vulnerable I'll still keep hold of it though, if I can ever look at getting it repaired in the future.

Rob

Comment

• Sounds like a wise move Rob.

Comment

• Will make the front end look completely different. Good choice

Comment

Working...
                  X