This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo Spec's

What turbo would people recommend for around 450bhp? Looking at the list on the first page it looks to be the vf22 but are there any better ones out there?
    Sti version 5 (rollin thunder)
    Full decat Blitz nurspec r ezhaust, newage top mount, walbro fuel pump, dynamics rims, prosport guages, apexi safc2, hks turbo timer and ecutek remap by engine tuner.
    Currently 346bhp and counting......

Comment

MD Series or an SC series would be FAR better than any VF for that power. You'll need alot of supporting mods though...
      The Lord Lucan of Scoobycity, hasn't been seen in months.

Comment

As James has just said a sc46 will give you over 450bhp. If you need to look at what you need to support it. Have a read trough my thread.

Comment

Ok cheers for that, I'll have a look. Currently have a stroker kit, forged internals, 660 injectors, Bosch 044 fuel pump.
          Next will be a front mount and simtek. I'm hoping that'll be enough!! If not I'll be selling a kidney!!
          Full decat Blitz nurspec r ezhaust, newage top mount, walbro fuel pump, dynamics rims, prosport guages, apexi safc2, hks turbo timer and ecutek remap by engine tuner.

Comment

If you have all of that mate. And your after big power go for the md321s or v. Well over 500.

Comment

Or go rotated
              PROJECT WORBS.......Gone but never forgotten It's now all about the vorsprung deutch technique

Comment

Originally posted by scoobystev View Post
                If you have all of that mate. And your after big power go for the md321s or v. Well over 500.
                ok cheers, i'll have a look at that. i bought the car with this spec but am now very worried that most of these parts may have been removed and sold before i bought it!!
                just looked at the ecu to see what sort of hks it was and its a standard one so has got me thinking the other bits might have gone too???
                im gonna get jollygreenmonster to do the simtek and mapping so hopefully they can tell me if the mods are actually there or not??????

Comment

uh oh.... thats a usual trick unfortunately. Im assuming you didnt get it from a garage? if it was mis-sold by a garage you have some come back, if it was privately sold you dont. its worth taking someone that knows what their looking at whenever your looking at buying a modified car, someone that at a quick look can tell you whether its closed deck, what injectors its running, what turbos on it, what headers, what exhaust, manifold etc

me thinks you might be in for a very hard lesson bud, fingers crossed thats all thats been removed but i doubt it.
                  2001 to 2005 STi breaker from the midlands

Comment

Cheers for that. Yeh it was private so no chance of any come back however I know where he lives
                    I'm having a new ecu and remap by si at jollygreenmonster so he said he will be able to tell what's on it and what's not. Worst case is the whole engine has been swapped which I'd be gutted about as it's supposed to be forged with a stroker kit and that's obviously something they can't just remove and flog.
                    It's definitely got standard yellow injectors, standard ecu, up pipe, headers. Not sure about te turbo tho, I can't see any identifying marks on it.
                    I suppose this way I get the satisfaction on building it all up myself and its still a nice clean type r that was a pretty decent price even without the mods.
                    You live and learn eh!!

Comment

Its easier to simply pull one engine out and put another one in than change headers, injectors, manifold, turbo, etc all in the car.

Id be assuming the whole lots been swapped over and your running a standard engine mate.

Id go see the previous owner for a chat!
                      2001 to 2005 STi breaker from the midlands

Comment

Its not worth the fuel really. It came from Birmingham! I text him and he reckons he bought it like that! But on the plus side, the car I part ex'd with him blew up so that put a smile on my face!! He can't have treated it very well tho as those dc2 engines are fairly solid!
                        Oh well, the money pit has really opened up now then!! But it'll be satisfying once it's done knowing it was my project and not somebody else's.
                        You'll probably see me on here in the wanted section quite alot!!

Comment

Working...
                        X