This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Step by Step Engine removal and rebuild

any tips for lining up the rods and pistons, iv tryd to instal one of the pins and it goes in to one side of the piston then stops and wont budge how much force should it need to get them in?

Comment

iv tried the piston in the right way round upside down and it sdill dosent go!and iv tried one of the other piston and rods and every combination,it gose in at least half the oiston then stop as it reaches the rod. im so confused and fustrated, how do i now if iv put the rods on the right way?! i realy dont want to split the block!aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Comment

wel iv split the block and am going to re do the rods n sduff, i think iv damaged one of the samal ends!damn it, where can i get new ones? other than dealer? do ACL do some?

Comment

this is why you do not force the pins back, a buger, :bangdesk: lol, iv ordered some new bushings to go in

also now the engine is back in peaces i thougt id giv it bit of a fase lift,

first coat remember.lol

Comment

i lubed them up with some engine oil after i painted it, so no oil dribled onto the paint work, got to remove any drips n sduuf now!ughhh, new bushings should be hear tusday!then got to try and install em!

Comment

£9.50 + vat! each! is that about how much they are?

is their anywhere i can get valve stem seals individualy, i need one inlet and one exhaust! anoing, dameged them when sortingout all the bits idd taken off!

Comment

oiea i have replaced all the rest, just some how managed to damage one of each befor i put em on? how, i dont know, haha.

Comment

do i need a spesial tool to remove and install the little end bushings, or can i tap them out with a same sized pipe and press them in with a vice or sumthing, whats the best way of doing it?

Comment

hi ya what like money did ya spend rebuild ur engine .i know different engine different part and all but around about price and can i get bit on this web site

Comment

hi ya what like money did ya spend rebuild ur engine .i know different engine different part and all but around about price and can i get bit on this web site

Comment

This post is nearly 2 years old mate. I would start a new one asking that question or PM him if he is still a user.

Comment

how come i can hardly see any of the relevant posts for this thread?

Comment

It's a user who is no longer on here I'm afraid and I believe they asked for their posts to be removed too.
                            The Lord Lucan of Scoobycity, hasn't been seen in months.

Comment

Working...
                            X