This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: De-cat's and MOT's

no rear door handles is a failure???? never heard that one before. The only problem is your car is manufactured with handles where as the rx8 is manufactured without them.
    2002 BMW 330ci M-sport convertible..... why not!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woodyuk1983 View Post
      my car just failed its mot for 2 reasons

1 the headlights appear blue, 12k hid kit not a problem i can change the bulbs right

2 no door handles on rear doors.......

how do i deal with that.......

it states that the rear dorrs should be able to be opened from the outside...
      but surely an rx8 is the same as you have to open the front doors in order to open the rear?

anyone got any ideas or know anyone who can help, dont really want to change rear doors just for an MOT
      1. Just replace the HIDs with std bulbs.
      2. An RX8 will pass because it's possible to open the rear doors from the outside, doesn't matter that the front doors have to be opened first to gain access to the handles.
      If you know anyone with the same car as you, borrow their doors for the test, then just swap them back over afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by andyroo View Post
        Not sure if they have to do emissions on lpg???
        If the car is presented for the test running LPG it's emissions are tested as LPG, if it's presented running petrol it will be tested as petrol.

If the tester can obviously see that the cat has been removed then it will fail as from April.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

cheers for the info jon.
            2002 BMW 330ci M-sport convertible..... why not!!!!!

Comment

just a quick one on de-cat pipes, if i wanted to take the 2nd or both cats out, will that bring the engine managment light on? cheers

Comment

Working...
              X