Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

full service advice needed what do they do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full service advice needed what do they do ?

hi i own a subaru impreza turbo 2000 4wd 4door saloon 228bhp its xreg yr2000 done 118k miles its due a full service,in my area a full service costs around £175+ extra for synthetic oil, a mates offered to do as much of it as he can so i dont need to pay a garage £200 he says he can do the following..oil change ( must i run it on synthetic oil ???), oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, i know as its a flat4 a special tools needed to get to the spark plugs so i guess ill have to get a garage to change them..unless any of you know if its possible to buy the tool needed ? ) hers a list of what a gargae in my area does http://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/book-service.php me and my mate want to try and do as much of it as we can ourselves ( im skint so need to save every pound i can) where can i buy all the parts ill need new? eg can i phone somewhere like eurocarparts dot com and say i want all the parts ill need to do a full service on a subaru impreza turbo 2000 4wd 4door saloon ? thanks for any help

Re: full service advice needed what do they do ?

Were are you based mate?

Comment

No need for any special tools mate, to get to the spark plugs it's easier if you remove air box and pipework, battery and possibly washer bottle, dont know if you have individual coil packs or leads but either way unplug or undo(incase of individual pack) and change one at a time use short 3/8 extension on a rachet but as a good tip secure the socket onto the end or the extension with some tape!, other wise like me when you screw in the new plug everytime you try to pull out the extension it will keep leaving the socket on the plug.!

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/forums/s...ng+spark+plugs
      http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/forums/s...ng+spark+plugs

I would imagine your plugs are NGK pfr6's unless your planning on so performance upgrades then you could go for the NGK pfr7's. (if im wrong thenm someone will correct it)

But dont forget a service is not just about replacing the fluids etc, the proper guys check all that is required depending on milage, like your steering and suspension componants, pipe work for splits/weeping and your belts inspected etc.
      Last edited by DanFSTI; 21-09-11, 04:52 PM.

Oh, How I miss the boost..

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you". Jeremy Clarkson..

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
        Were are you based mate?
        hi im in cambridge, cambridgeshire why do you ask ?

Comment

thanks , bloke at quickfit said id need special tool to get to plugs when i was there getting a puncture fixed, glad to know it is possible..i agree although my mate and i could do half the work of a service its checking the belts etc that i wouldnt be good at..so i may have to fork out for the service my wallet says boohoo
          ps a service just tells you if belts need changing ..thats more money if they need doing isnt it ?

Comment

Alternator and Aircon belt takes 10 mins to change, really simple job. They can be picked up from places like eu exhausts or any parts place, around £7ea. If you go to Subaru the alternator is aroound £28 and the air con is £50+.

Oh, How I miss the boost..

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you". Jeremy Clarkson..

Comment

Working...
            X