Turbo Horses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Horses

What can you expect to make horse wise from a single scroll turbo?

Depends on turbo model, supporting mods, mapping, etc etc

Rob

MY97 UK Turbo - the "Robstopper"

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered. My life is my own. "

Comment

Just been reading on some American scooby website that some guys been duped buying a JDM model. Ended up having a single scroll turbo. Got me wondering now, any easy way to establish wether mine is a twin or not. Hard to see any identification on it.

Comment

Not too sharp on my newage spec but I'm fairly sure the twin scroll comes with equal length headers , which means it won't have the normal scooby burble sound .

also that the twin scroll downpipe flange that attaches to the turbo outlet is a different shape .

if you google twin scroll and single scroll subaru turbo outlet gasket , you should be able to see a visual difference .

i think twinscroll are slightly more responsive and make slightly more power on the same size stock turbo but only slightly .I much prefer that iconic scooby soundtrack myself 😎

Comment

You would know straight away its simple twin no burble single you have 😁, i changed my 09 hatch from twin to single but wish i hadn't know tbh, lose of lbft and car doesn't feel as responsive despite going like for like turbo wise.
          1996 ver 2sti 368bhp, 6 speed box, 2.1 stroker engine, pace fmic and rad, tein super street coilovers, 8 pot k-sport fronts 6 pot rears, 18" 8j et11 team dynamic wheels, side exit exhaust, full whiteline kit including strut braces and h-brace and anti-roll bars, full custom roll cage, bonnet lifters, ABW diffuser, arches, reverse scoop, and coming soon side skirts.

Comment

Mine has burble and unequal length headers 😬

Advertised as a JDM twin Scroll, unequal length headers etc etc. Last rolling road was 351.something ponies. That was 2014. Think it's head some minor adjustments, but no much to change that figure.
            Last edited by STiChris; 06-07-18, 05:31 PM.

Comment

If it's had a header change to unequal , to bring on the burble sound track . I think you'll have to look at the turbo outlet/ downpipe inlet flanges to see if its twin or single scroll

Comment

Working...
              X